Renfaire After Dark
There is a new event at the Renaissance Faire at Sleepy Hollow. Something new, different, and highly unsuitable for the upper class. Come party with the pirates, gypsies, and fools at Renfaire After Dark. This 21+ only event is taking place from noon on May 20th to noon on May 21st. The entertainment list is some of the best, not to mention the rowdiest. The activities and contests are unseemly in the best way possible. Visit the Renfaire After Dark page for more details. Tickets go on sale February 1st.
Thank You 2016!
Thanks you to everyone who attended our 2016 season! What an incredible faire it was with new acts, new stage spaces, and expansions. We hope you all enjoyed all the adventure and frivolity we had to offer and that we will see you all again in 2017. Keep an eye on our website and facebook page for announcements you won’t want to miss!
COME . . .
- Explore the secrets of Sleepy Hollow’s enchanting realm—some 18 acres of an English village lost in time.
- Savor the tastes of traditional Renaissance fare—turkey legs, ale, and much more.
- Hunt for one-of-a-kind treasures in more than 40 shops.
- Behold the wonders of jousting knights and enjoy a variety of acts on the 12 stages (5 new performance areas added this year!).
NEW . . .
The winds of change have swept the faire grounds! No longer is the English Castle alone in its singular power: Though it still anchors the north, it has new rivals vying for the favors of faire-goers!
- The Scots have invaded the south—and they’ve built a castle! Constructed for the
2016 season, this exciting feature adds new drama to the Renaissance Faire at
Sleepy Hollow. Featuring a large stage and flushable privies, the Scottish Castle
offers Highland games, bagpipers, sheep—and plenty of intrigue!
- A Gypsy caravan troupe has infiltrated the southeast. Beware the seductions of the
nubile dancers on their stage!
- La! A small contingency of the French are staking claim to one corner in the
south, not far from the Scots. Turmoil ensues! Ooh la la!
- And lastly, cries of “Valhalla!” echo down by the river! It seems a Viking horde
has landed on the shores as well. . . .
Performers never before seen at Sleepy Hollow!
- Bell, Book & Canto – musicians
- Musical Blades
- Better than Nun
- Ron Berry – Master Hypnotist
- Matt Hoover – Falconer
- Rachel the Harpist
- Frosty locks & Splinter – lane characters
- Lone Tree Stockdogs Sheepherding Demo
- Highland Games Demo & Contest
- Pass Four Productions – teaching Celtic dances
- Vikings Living History
- Ophelia Archer Peddler – lane character
Whether you are new to the Renaissance “scene” or have been a long-time attendee of the former Des Moines Renaissance Festival, you are sure to have your passions rekindled at the Renaissance Faire at Sleepy Hollow!
There’s a certain magic in Renaissance festivals. Our faire is no exception. We have brought the old world to life again with a bewitching mix of fantasy and history: Welcome to a world where adults and children alike can become a knight or lady-in-waiting, a pirate or fairy, or simply remain an entertained observer. Step through the gates of our 18-acre park and be transported to an era when royalty rule, knights joust, and the arts come alive!
The adventure begins Labor Day weekend and continues through the following two weekends, with a different theme each weekend:
- September 3–5, 2016—Knights & Royals Weekend
- September 10–11, 2016—Highlanders & Lucky Lasses Weekend
- September 17–18, 2016—Pirates & Wenches Weekend
TO DO . . .
Come ready to have FUN!
But beware the Pirates!
Browse through more than 40 specialty shops.
Attend the spectacle of the coronation at the Royal Court.
Shout the battle cry of your favorite knight at the jousting arena.
Partake in demonstrations by glass blowers, blacksmiths, potters, wood carvers, painters,
and much more!